You know what they say, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Well life has given me a lot of lemons this weekend, so here is my homemade old fashioned lemonade recipe. I’m not gonna lie, it’s pretty good. Archer loved squeezing all the lemons, and then drinking our creation. A perfect recipe to make with kids.
6 Juicy Lemons
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Boiling Water
4 Cups Cold Water
- Cut the lemons in half and squeeze all the juice into a large jug.
- Add boiling water and sugar to another glass jug or bowl. Mix until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the sugar mixture to the lemon juice.
- Add the cold water to the jug.
- Adjust to your taste by adding more water if it is too sweet.
Voila! Just like that. Poor little Lucas, I fed him some and he looked like a little lizard poking his tongue in and out after I gave it to him. Maybe a bit sour for his liking?!